A new year (and decade!) causes a lot of reflection. As such, we have been thinking about the last few years as a chapter as well as discussing where we might be headed. To that end, here is a vision for KATSP in 2020 along with exciting news and updates that are the first steps in achieving it.
We have found that our chapter has had a sporadic, fragmented, and at times confusing digital presence, making it harder to find information about events and activities. As an area for growth, we want to communicate more effectively, reach out well in advance of events and programs, and make it easy for you to access the information you may need. Here are two tangible steps we’ve already taken!
- We have a new website! This website is an effort to create a hub for all things KATSP and it will be updated regularly throughout the year. I hope that this increases participation in chapter activities and makes it easier to stay informed!
- New emails! You will find that all the KATSP officers have new emails that end in @katsp.org. This is another part of improving communication, creating consistency from year to year and eliminating the need to keep up with officer email changes! You will always know how to get a hold of us.
- Poster Contest info has been added to the website! More coming soon, but check out the resources to get started!
Our chapter has grown over the last few years and we want to keep moving forward! Therefore, our goal is to not only increase membership and our reach to Kansas teachers, students, and schools…but also to increase participation in the events and programs we offer! We are here for YOU and want this year to be even more active than the last!
We want to look for more opportunities for members to collaborate – whether that be informal lunch dates at the local hacienda, online resources, or formally organized conferences, we believe there is much we can learn from each other and bring to our own teaching environments.
We also want to try and find new ways to add value to your membership here. We’re teachers. We get it. Your time and money are precious resources and we want you to be able to benefit from your investment in Kansas and our organization. Here are a few new things we’ve added just this month!
- Shout-Outs for Kansas language Teachers, Students, classes, and projects. We want to celebrate the amazing things YOU ALL are accomplishing! Fill out the form if you know of someone deserving!
- Website content helpful to teachers and students! In addition to high-quality PD offerings, it is my hope to compile a list of resources and tools that may be of interest to members and the community at large. Stay tuned for more on this!
We are excited for what the new year will bring! Thanks for being a part of the KATSP!
KATSP President 2020